Here is a link to the US Basic Training Schedule provided by the EMDR Institute.
EMDR INSTITUTE’S BASIC TRAINING OVERVIEW
The EMDR Therapy Basic Training (Weekend 1 and 2) is designed for licensed mental health practitioners who treat adults and children in a clinical setting (See Qualifications Section). EMDR is a comprehensive psychotherapy that accelerates the treatment of a wide range of pathologies and self-esteem issues related to disturbing events and present life conditions. This interactional, standardized approach has been empirically tested in over 20 randomized controlled studies with trauma patients, and hundreds of published case reports evaluating a considerable range of presenting complaints, including depression, anxiety, phobias, excessive grief, somatic conditions and addictions. EMDR therapy is guided by the Adaptive Information Processing model which addresses the unprocessed memories that appear to set the basis for a wide range of dysfunction. A number of neurophysiological studies have documented the rapid post treatment EMDR effects.
Participants will be required to read the textbook by Francine Shapiro, PhD, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols and Procedures Guilford Press, NY, 2nd Edition, 2001.
GOAL OF THE EMDR THERAPY BASIC TRAINING
This experiential training will familiarize participants with a broad spectrum of EMDR therapy applications sufficient for comfortable and efficient use with a wide range patients and situations. Special attention will be given to the therapeutic needs of clients.
EMDR therapy is a specialized approach that requires supervised training for full therapeutic effectiveness and client safety. The training will consist of lecture, live and videotaped demonstrations and supervised practice. The format of this workshop has been designed by the originator of EMDRtherapy, Francine Shapiro, PhD. The workshop leaders have been individually selected and trained by her to provide the comprehensive information necessary for appropriate client selection and effective utilization of EMDR therapy. This is the workshop program which has been taught by Dr. Shapiro since 1990. EMDR Institute adheres to the ethical standards of APA, social work, nursing and mental health boards.
INTEGRATING EMDR THERAPY WITH OTHER APPROACHES
As an integrative psychotherapy approach, EMDR is compatible with all contemporary paradigms including, psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, experiential and systemic.
- Supervised small group practice on each trainng day
- Physiological overview of the information processing system
- Specialized history-taking to identify dysfunctional patterns and causes
- Treatment planning to address past events, current triggers and future needs
- Stabilization techniques across the attachment spectrum
- Reduction of overt symptoms and achieving comprehensive mental health
- Addressing the full range of trauma and other disturbing life events
- Applications to combat trauma and first responders
- Applications to addictions, grief, anxiety, depression and somatic disorders
- Applications to natural and man-made disasters
- Applications to family and couples therapy
- Personal use for therapist to process vicarious traumatization